- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
All the basic work on the mill is complete. There is just the second and third coat of the water texture ito be applied.
Here are a few shots of the model with all the paint work complete.
Applying the water has its own technique. First of all I painted the water area phtalo blue over a black undercoat. Before the blue is competely dry, and without washing the brush, I add a little bit of green and brush it randomly through the blue, just enough to give a hint of green. Then while the paint is still damp, I add a little terracotta to the brish and brush it sparingly around the edges of the pond. This gives the effect of a shallower edge to the pond. Finally I dry-brushed a few streaks of white on the ramp that will carry the water past the wheel.
For the water I use an artist's texturing product called "Golden Heavy Gel (Gloss)". This stuff goes on white, but dries clear. It can be sculpted to a small degree and will hold peaks. It is really good for creating flowing water. Smoother water can be created by brushing it with a soft wet brush. To get depth two or three coats are required.







Comments
Post a Comment